- Version History
- Future Enhancements
Recently, WordPress has just released version 2.3 Beta 1 (2007/8/28), which has tag functions in the core system. However, a large number of WordPress users use some Tag Plugins to equip tag functions to old version WordPress. Among all these plugins, Ultimate Tag Warrior (UTW) is the most widely used one.
Unfortunately, we can’t continue to use UTW in WordPress 2.3 and the future version because of the conflicts between UTW and the core tag functions. Tag functions in WordPress 2.3 is much weaker than UTW. And some of the important functions, such as Color Tag Cloud, Color Weight Tag Cloud, Embedded Tags, Related Posts and Related Tags, are not supported by WordPress 2.3 Tag system. So we want to create a plugin to implement them into WordPress 2.3 (or above).
Convert UTW Tags to WordPress 2.3+ Tags
- Show related posts for current post based on tags
- Embedded tags support (UTW style)
- Color Tag Cloud (not finish)
- Color Weight Tag Cloud (not finish)
- Related Tags (not finish)
- WordPress 2.3 Beta 1 (or above)
- PHP 4.3.0+ (this plugin is developed under PHP 5.2.3, but I don’t use any PHP5 only functions in my code. So it should run smoothly in PHP 4.3.0)
- Old Ultimate Tags Warrior data (optional, if you wanna convert old tags and settings)
- Disable all converting functions (from utw tags to native tags), please use more reliable Official Converter Program.
- First version released to the public.
Note: Please DO NOT link to the archives directly, just use the URI of this page: http://blog.istef.info/tag-converter. Thank you.
Download, Unpack, Upload all file(s) into wp-content/plugins directory. Then activate the plugin in WordPress admin interface. Follow the instructions in page Option::Tag Converter to finish the settings.
Q: How to show related posts for current post?
A: There is a function named ‘TC_ShowRelatedPostsForCurrentPost’ which can solve this problem. You can easily add some PHP codes in your template (may be single.php) to show related posts.
Q: Can I use some kinds of blogging software such as Zoundry and Windows Live Writer to create tags?
A: Of course you can. In actual fact, you can use embedded tags the same as that in UTW. Just activate the Embedded Tags feature in Options::Tag Converter, then you can use ‘[tag]some tag[/tag]’ or ‘[tags]tag1, tag2, tag3[/tags]’ in your post content to add/modify tags directly.
- Related Tags
- Color Tag Cloud
- Color-Weight Tag Cloud
- all other UTW functions…